Art Marketing Workshop - San Diego
Discover how to get your work seen & sold!
San Diego, CA – Saturday 9:00 am - 1:30 pm, Aug 18, 2012
Smart marketing workshop for savvy visual artists
Do you wish for better results from your art marketing efforts? Is it frustrating to realize you could sell lots more art if enough of the right people saw it? Are you ready to learn how to get the most from art marketing tools and techniques at your disposal?
In this intensive four-hour workshop, you will:
- Identify the best art marketing tools & techniques to use
- Know how to establish an achievable marketing plan
- Make plans to synergize & pinpoint your marketing efforts
Space is limited – reserve your spot now!
2645 Financial Court, San Diego, CA (858) 270-7577
About Barney Davey
For two decades, Davey worked as an account executive for art business magazines and tradeshows where he advised visual artists on marketing, advertising and tradeshow strategies. He uses his experience studying how top selling artists managed their businesses to help other artists.
Davey publishes the highly regarded Art Print Issues business blog for artists. He is the author of How to Profit from the Art Print Market, and is near finishing his new book, Art Marketing: How to Get Your Work Seen and Sold. It will be available for a pre-publishing discount at the workshop.
SESSION ONE Art Career Goals
- Exercises for setting goals
- Why they are important and how to use them
Assessing Your Resources
- Identifying your strengths and weaknesses
- Leveraging new available resources
SESSION TWO Making Work that Sells
- Picking a style that works for you
- Posterity versus prosperity
- Visibility – Credibility – Profitability
- Personal branding – developing an overall encompassing identity
Lunch Break 12:00 — 12:30 (Approximately) You can bring a brown bag lunch, or purchase a roast beef, turkey or veggie sandwich with chips, dessert and beverage. The cost is $8.00
- Basic foundation – building a local/regional following
- Developing circles of influence
Networking and Referrals
- Formal networking – knowing what to say in any situation
- Asking for referrals with poise and confidence
Evaluating and Harnessing Marketing Tools
- Traditional tools, e.g., advertising, press releases and publicity
- Digital tools, including websites, blogs, email marketing and social media
Strategic Synergistic Marketing
- Developing a rolling 24-month marketing plan
- Planning events to pinpoint and synergize all your marketing plans.
REGISTER NOW – Limited Space Available This special learning opportunity is only $79.00. The ideas & information you gain will pay you back for years to come.
Have Questions or Need More Details?
Contact the gallery for directions, location, to order lunch or general questions. Call (858) 270-7577.
For questions about the workshop or to request topics you would like Barney to cover, email: email@example.com
Here’s What People Are Saying…
“WOW! I’m reading your book a second time with hi-lighter in hand checking every resource and scouring the web for every scrap of information.” – David Randall, HIlton Head, South Carolina
Barney’s advice has been a treasure trove for me. He tells it straight. By following his suggestions, I avoided numerous costly mistakes and uncovered new profitable opportunities.” – Michael Geraghty, Laurel, MD“
Barney Davey’s honest commentary about the art world (from mom and pop frame shops to prestigious museums) and his willingness to express that there are exceptions to just about every rule and suggestion he offers, is both refreshing and entertaining.” – Andrew Darlow, New York City“
Davey informs with great wisdom and wit, and makes a book about marketing as much of a page-turner as some of the fiction novels I read!” – Laurel Knight, Bend, OR.