There Has Never Been a Better Time to Be an Artist
Learn to Celebrate, Enjoy and Utilize the Blessings You Have!
Much of the world is plunged in darkness. By comparison, we live with bountiful, abundant and comfortable means.
To become a successful artist-entrepreneur today is challenging. It requires mastering many skills, not the least of which the ability to create art that continuously sells well.
It takes talent, dedication and skill to make art and get it sold. This always has been the case, and it will never change.
These Are the Good Old Days
We are witness to an incredible moment in human history as we experience the greatest advancements in technology, communication, and product distribution ever seen. The pace and scope of significant developments in these fields is increasing. Among these changes are tremendous opportunities for artists ready to seize them.
15 Reasons Why It Is a Great Time to Be an Artist Today!
- Artists have the widest and best choices ever in artmaking tools.
- Creative new ways to make art are expanding along with buyer interest in the growing variety of art forms and genres.
- Consumer buying habits have changed, which makes them more likely to buy direct from artists, and from their websites and blogs.
- Many galleries are more willing to explore new opportunities to collaborate with artists who bring their own fans and marketing to the table.
- Artists have access to affordable, effective, easy-to-use, marketing tools to help them spread the word and find new customers.
- The number of places to sell art both through brick and mortar and online venues is expansive and growing.
- Print-on-demand technology allows for remarkably high quality reproductions with virtually no overhead costs.
- Licensing offers artists ways to create new, passive income streams.
- Artists can show their work online at no charge, and then have it sold and fulfilled without any action from them, through sites such as www.FineArtAmerica.com, and others.
- The abundance of freely available, practical art marketing advice from blogs such as this one, and dozens of others, is a blessing upon artists.
- The breadth and availability of live and online art-marketing workshops and webinars, free podcasts, and downloadable art marketing webinars, which are focused on helping artists learn how to be more effective business operators and get their work to market is astounding.
- Alternative marketing through home shows, artists staged events, selling retail in antique malls, upscale coffee shops, boutiques and restaurants, and numerous other locations, venues, and situations is a growing trend.
- Artists can use publicity to take significant advantage of the explosion of media and the demand it creates for more content.
- Free digital submission of press releases provides artists greater and wider access to journalists and media outlets.
- Social media provides new channels for artists to develop relationships with buyers who they would have never found through traditional means.
As an artist, you don’t have to master, or use all the items mentioned above to be successful. However, the more you use to help you get your work seen and sold, the more likely you are to achieve the success you see for yourself.